Private Health Insurance Code of Conduct.
The Private Health Insurance Code of Conduct is a self-regulatory code with the primary goal of enhancing regulatory compliance.
We support and apply these industry standards across four main areas:
- Our employees are trained in private health insurance;
- The information we provide you is communicated in a way that is easy to understand and allows you to make an informed decision;
- We openly communicate our procedures for resolving any concerns you may have about your HIF membership and private health cover; and
To download a full copy of the Code of Conduct, please visit: www.privatehealth.com.au/codeofconduct/documents.php
Compliments and complaints.
Your feedback is valuable to us, so don't be afraid to get in touch. You may wish to comment on your own personal experiences with HIF, such as your health cover, or you may wish to lodge a compliment (or complaint) about the service you've received from our team.
Whatever your feedback relates to, we address each and every one and will always respond accordingly. After all, your input is a vital part of ensuring our organisation meets (and exceeds) your expectations at all times.
Our dispute resolution process.
We are committed to continual improvement and as such we take feedback from our members very seriously. If you have any matters to discuss in relation to your HIF membership, products or services please call us on 1300 13 40 60 or email us via our online feedback form
- If you have a complaint, we will treat you with respect and deal with your concerns promptly and fairly;
- Whenever possible, our friendly customer service consultants will aim to resolve your complaint at first point of contact, but where we cannot resolve it to your satisfaction immediately, you can ask that the matter be referred to a team manager who will respond to you within two (2) business days;
- Should you consider the outcome to be unfair you may seek a formal review of the matter by forwarding your concerns in writing to: Member Action Review Committee, Health Insurance Fund of Australia, GPO Box X222, PERTH WA 6847;
- The Member Action Review Committee is HIF's internal dispute resolution body which will formally review all of your concerns and HIF's actions within one month of lodgment of your complaint, and will direct a representative to advise you of the outcome of the hearing within three (days) of the Committee hearing;
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome from our internal dispute resolution process, we will advise you of your right to seek an independent review of your complaint by the Private Health Insurance Ombudsman. You can contact the Ombudsman on 1300 362 072 or write to: Private Health Insurance Ombudsman, Office of the Commonwealth Ombudsman, GPO Box 442, Canberra, ACT 2601.