How does “bacon baked eggs” sound for breakfast? Yum – right! This delicious recipe provided by HIF health guru Susie Burrell combines crispy bacon, baked eggs, fresh leek and spinach with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Even better it’s gluten-free, high-protein and full of energy to help fuel you for the day. Sounds like the perfect option for an indulgent weekend breakfast to us.
Suitable for: Gluten-free Wheat-free
Per serve: 420 cals | 23g fat | 28g protein | 19g carbs | 3g fibre
This recipe serves 1.
1 slice 97% fat free bacon
1 tsp. olive oil
150g English spinach, shredded (2 cups)
1 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
1 slice of gluten free bread
- Preheat oven to 170°C
- Grease a ramekin with a tiny bit of oil or margarine.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and saute leek until soft.
- Add the bacon and spinach and stir until spinach starts to wilt.
- Remove from heat and stir through parmesan cheese
- Transfer mixture to ramekin, making a well in the middle to crack an egg into.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on whether you prefer soft or hard yolk.
- Serve with 1 slice gluten free toast
This recipe is from Susie Burrell's new Shape Me weight management plan, which HIF members can claim on when they hold an eligible level of Extras Cover with Healthy Lifestyle Benefits inclusive. To find out more about Shape Me, visit: shapeme.com.au