Our Member Service Charter ensures we:
1. Show we care, because we do.
Great communication is the key to any relationship. For us, that means listening to you, intently. Only then can we handle your enquiries promptly and effectively, and we will always aim to achieve this first time, every time. To do that, we have to ensure we have enough people at our end (and we mean real people) right here in Australia, ready and eager to help. But we also need to make it easy for you to get in touch – on the phone, in writing, via our website, email, Facebook or Twitter. That’s why we promise to:
- Provide you with secure 24/7 online access to your policy and claims details
- Provide helpful answers to the most common questions asked by you in our online knowledge base
- Answer your telephone calls during normal business hours (Mon – Fri) in a timely manner
- Call you back the very next working day after you call us after hours and leave us a message
- Reply to your emails, online or written enquiries within three (3) business days
- Action any policy changes you request within five (5) working days
- Continually improve our electronic claiming options and where you can't claim "on the spot" make it easier to send your Extras claim to us for processing within three (3) working days
- Give you the opportunity to rate our service and to feedback any suggestions to improve our products and services.
2. Give you more choice by being smart, agile and innovative.
Having greater choices in health insurance and health care is a good thing. We believe we’re here to help you make informed decisions about your choices. That’s why we promise to regularly review our products, services, benefits and prices to ensure you can choose:
- From a generous range of relevant and value-for-money HIF health covers
- How and when you pay your HIF health insurance premiums
- From as many HIF approved health providers as possible.
3. Respect your privacy and confidentiality, always.
Doing the right thing comes naturally at HIF. That’s why we always minimise waste - a commitment that has helped us become Australia’s first and only certified Carbon Neutral private health insurer. So, when we say your privacy is important, you can rest assured we will:
- Record your personal information accurately and securely
- Maintain confidentiality by ensuring access to your personal information is properly controlled and supervised
- Only share your personal details with others on the policy if the primary Member has told us that's OK
- Only disclose your personal information to a third party who is entitled under a law
- Keep private any specific claims you wouldn't want the other Members on your policy to know about, even if you've said it's OK to share other information
4. Address your concerns, promptly and fairly.
If you have a problem with our service, we have a problem with our service. If there’s something we could be doing better, we want to hear about it. And so we promise to:
- Treat you with respect and deal with your concerns promptly
- Resolve any complaint you have at the first point of contact, unless it is in your interests to refer it to another person
- If required, escalate your complaint, acknowledge and advise you of progress within two (2) business days and deal with it as swiftly as possible
- Invite you to escalate any complaint you have that couldn’t be dealt with to your satisfaction through HIF's formal internal dispute resolution process and keep you informed on progress
- Openly share our complaints procedure with you, including external resolution options, like involving the Private Health Insurance Ombudsman, Privacy Commissioner or our Specialist Medical Advisors
- Deal with any complaint you have fairly and in an equitable manner, with your best interests, and those of all our customers, always in mind.
If you have any questions about our Member Service Charter, or you'd like more information about HIF, please get in touch.