When it comes to your mental health, all you want is relief. Finding the help you need can be overwhelming. HIF Members on Silver Plus, Gold Star Hospital Cover or Premium Options Extras Cover now have free access to Best Doctors Mental Health Navigator, a discreet, quick and confidential way to seek help if you or a family member is experiencing a mental health condition such as depression or anxiety.
Mental Health Navigator service can help you in two ways:
- Provide a thorough review of an existing mental health condition and treatment plan with recommendations for improvement and ongoing support
- Give guidance on how to navigate the mental health system with advice on treatment options for your best path forward
Mental Health Navigator helps people who:
- Struggle with stress, anxiety, or depression
- Are unsure about a diagnosis for a mental health condition
- Have a mental health issue but do not see a mental health professional
- Need help understanding their mental health condition
The Mental Health Navigator program achieves improved outcomes by:
- Having mental healthcare experts review and, when needed, modify diagnoses and treatment plans made by primary care providers
- Providing members with a customised action plan that includes linking them with the best resources for their care
- Coordinating with general practitioners, ensuring consistency of care
- Providing support for members as they navigate the mental healthcare system
How Mental Health Navigator Works
- Start a case: Best Doctors talk with you by phone or through videoconferencing to further understand your condition. That way you don’t have to travel and can receive guidance from the comfort of your home.
- Collect: Best Doctors gather your medical history and complete a clinical summary for the expert team assigned to you.
- Review: Your assigned expert team, consisting of a world-renowned psychiatrist and psychologist, reviews your case and provides recommendations.
- Report & support: Best Doctors deliver a customised, detailed report with recommendations on your best health path forward. You also receive ongoing support to help you navigate the mental healthcare system.
How to access Best Doctors services including Mental Health Navigator
Login or simply call Best Doctors dedicated hotline on 1800 830 082 between 9am and 5pm (EST) Monday to Friday.
Who has access to Best Doctors?
HIF Second Opinion and Mental Health Navigator is a complementary service for HIF members who have Silver Plus, GoldStar Hospital or Premium Options Extras cover.
The results using Best Doctors are substantial:
Start a free review today: 1800 830 082
1 Black Dog Institute
2 Australian Institute of Health and Welfare: Mental health services in Australia. BEACH survey of general practice activity
3 Australian Bureau of Statistics. (2009). National Survey of Mental Health and Wellbeing: Summary of results, 4326.0, 2007. ABS: Canberra
* Source: Best Doctors Mental Health Navigator case results AUS YTD November 2018