Before you contact us, why not browse our website for a quick answer to your enquiry:
Want to talk to a real person? Our friendly team are Australian based and waiting to take your call. You can call us free of charge from a landline by dialling 1300 13 40 60, or for mobile phones please phone (08) 9227 4200 (standard call charges will apply).
Our contact centre is open Monday to Friday at the following times across the country:
- 6:30am - 5:30pm WA
- 8:00am - 7:00pm NT & SA
- 8:30am - 7:30pm ACT, NSW, QLD, TAS, VIC
- GMT + 8 hrs International timezone (if you're contacting us from another part of the world, please dial +618 9227 4200)
Send us a fax.
You can send a fax to us on (08) 9328 3345 from within Australia or +618 9328 3345 from another country.
Write to us.
You can write to us any time and we'll even pay the postage. Our mailing address is:
HIF, Reply Paid GPO Box X2221, Perth, WA 6847.
Associates, suppliers and other visitors.
Our head office is located at 100 Stirling Street in Perth. The reception area is open Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 4.30pm WST.
Please note: The Water Corporation is currently implementing major pipe works along Stirling St until the end of March, so access to street parking on Stirling St is limited in the interim. If you plan to visit our head office during March, alternative street parking is available on Pier St (parallel) instead.
Got some ideas or feedback?
We’re always looking for ways to improve the quality and value of our service, so if you'd like to submit a compliment, complaint, or just general feedback, please complete our quick online feedback form
Our dispute resolution process.
We are committed to continual improvement and as such we take feedback from our members very seriously. If you have any matters to discuss in relation to your HIF membership, products or services please call us on 1300 13 40 60 or email us via our online feedback form
- If you have a complaint, we will treat you with respect and deal with your concerns promptly and fairly;
- Whenever possible, our friendly customer service consultants will aim to resolve your complaint at first point of contact, but where we cannot resolve it to your satisfaction immediately, you can ask that the matter be referred to a team manager who will respond to you within two (2) business days;
- Should you consider the outcome to be unfair you may seek a formal review of the matter by forwarding your concerns in writing to: Member Action Review Committee, Health Insurance Fund of Australia, GPO Box X2221, PERTH WA 6847;
- The Member Action Review Committee is HIF's internal dispute resolution body which will formally review all of your concerns and HIF's actions within one month of lodgment of your complaint, and will direct a representative to advise you of the outcome of the hearing within three (days) of the Committee hearing;
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome from our internal dispute resolution process, we will advise you of your right to seek an independent review of your complaint by the Private Health Insurance Ombudsman. You can contact the Ombudsman on 1300 362 072 or write to: GPO Box 442, Canberra, ACT 2601.