To support our Members in challenging times, HIF is now providing telehealth benefits for the following services:
- Psychology (items 701 & 801);
- Dental (item 919);
- Physiotherapy (items 811 & 812);
- Speech Pathology (items 501 & 502);
- Occupational Therapy (items 601 & 602); and
- Dietetics (items 301 & 302).
These benefits will apply to services delivered from 14 April 2020.
We’re doing this because we know that it’s important that our Members can continue to access treatment during this time. Depending on each Member’s circumstances, telehealth consultations may be an effective and efficient substitute for face-to-face consultations.
To access Telehealth benefits, you’ll need to:
- check that your Extras cover includes the service that you’ll be using;
- have served any relevant waiting periods;
- have remaining annual limits for that service;
- ensure your premium payments are up-to-date; and
- use an appropriately qualified HIF approved provider.
To find out what you're covered for visit your Online Member Centre, email us on email@example.com or call us on 1300 13 40 60. You can also check out our handy product factsheets.
Benefits can’t be paid for services that attract a Medicare rebate.
| ||Initial Consultation||Subsequent Consultation|
Telehealth consultations must be performed in accordance with the relevant Australian peak body association’s guidelines for teleconsultations.
How to Claim
You can claim for these services;
Please note: Electronic on-the-spot claiming (HICAPS) is not available as it requires the recipent to be on the premises.