Do I need to change my cover now that I'm a Permanent Australian Resident?

If you've recently become an Australia permanent resident, congratulations! You're now eligible for full Medicare benefits (so yes - you'll need to change your overseas visitor’s policy to a domestic policy).

At HIF, we have five great hospital policies to choose from, to find a cover that suits your needs and budget, please visit our hospital comparison table

Then, to change your level of cover, simply; 

  1. Complete a variation form online. 
  2. Complete a Federal Government Rebate form
  3. Obtain a Medicare Eligibility Letter from Medicare (this is to ensure you're not charged any Lifetime Health Cover Loading)
  4. Email all three documents to

We'll then notify you as soon as your variation request has been processed. 

Category: Member Information
Was this article useful?
2 people found this useful

Add a Comment

  1. Enter your comments


Your details