When a customer cancels or switches their health cover to HIF, we will provide or request from their other insurer, a document called a Clearance Certificate.
The certificate provides HIF with all the details we need in order to confirm and finalise the customer's new policy with us, such as:
- their length of membership with their old fund
- their product description
- any waiting periods that may still be outstanding on their old policy
- previously paid claims in the past 12 months; and
- any Lifetime Health Cover loading that may apply on hospital cover
The previous fund then has 14 working days to supply the certificate to HIF.