More choices, savings and benefits.
BGC employees save money and enjoy all our usual benefits (and more besides). These include:
- An exclusive 8% discount on any HIF health insurance policy
- Freedom to choose your own provider and still receive the same great rebates
- Access to over 1,200 hospitals across Australia (500+ private day and overnight hospitals and day facilities, and 750 public hospitals)
- Access to health and wellness benefits
- FREE access to our HIF Second Opinion service when you take out Gold or GoldStar Hospital Cover and/or Premium Options Extras Cover
- A $70 gift each time you refer friends or family to HIF (outside the BGC corporate plan)
- Various easy-access claiming options, including Smartphone app, email, fax, mail and over-the-counter, as well as instant Extras benefits through on-the-spot claiming
- No co-payments for accommodation in a private hospital room on an applicable level of cover
- Access to a range of healthy lifestyle benefits, such as yoga, pilates, exercise physiology, weight loss programs, health assessment cancer screening and quit smoking programs
- Automatic access to our unique SmartTeeth initiative, which encourages proactive dental care by paying rebates of up to 100% for the dental services most commonly used by HIF members (the initiative is so smart that it’s even been applauded by the Australian Dental Association of WA)
- Complete freedom to choose your healthcare providers (some health funds have a limited number of contracted providers and penalise you if you choose your own - we don't)
Find out more and get a quote.
To request a brochure, get a quote or simply chat to our friendly team, get in touch today. We're here to help and will be happy to discuss your requirements and advise how much you could be saving with us. Enquire online now or call 1300 13 40 60 – no obligation, no strong-arm tactics, just smart corporate health advice.
Switching from another fund? Let us do the paperwork for you.
If you're currently insured by another Australian health fund, our dedicated team of corporate sales consultants will help take the stress out of switching. We'll even recognise your length of membership with your current fund, and if you're transferring to an equivalent or lower level of cover, you won't have to re-serve waiting periods either.
To authorise us to arrange the transfer on your behalf, simply check the box during the online application process and enter the name of your previous health fund and your membership number. Alternatively, if you're joining over the phone, you can instruct your Sales Consultant to complete the authorisation details for you. Once we have your authorisation, we'll then contact your previous fund and request that they send us what's known as a 'Clearance Certificate'.
The certificate provides HIF with all the details we need in order to finalise your new policy with us, including your length of membership with your old fund, any waiting periods that may still be outstanding, plus any Lifetime Health Cover loading that may apply. Please note that Australian health funds have up to 30 days to issue Clearance Certificates, so if you would like your old fund to issue your certificate as a matter of urgency, please let us know and we can escalate it as a priority request. Alternatively, you can contact your previous fund yourself and submit a direct request for a certificate to be sent to HIF.
Rewards for referrals.
Our members mean everything to us. After all, the more members we have, the better value we can offer everyone. That’s why we’d like to encourage our existing members to spread the word about our health insurance by rewarding every successful referral. That’s right, if you join HIF and then refer friends or family members and they join as well (outside the BGC corporate plan), we’ll give you a $70 HIF branded eftpos gift card every time someone joins us and mentions your name. There’s no limit on how many rewards you can earn, so every referral that results in a new policy means another gift for you. How good is that!