More choices, savings and benefits.
BGC employees save money and enjoy all our usual benefits (and more besides). These include:
- An exclusive 8% discount on any HIF health insurance policy
- Complete freedom to choose your own healthcare providers (some health funds have a limited number of contracted providers and penalise you if you choose your own - we don't);
- Access to over 1,200 hospitals across Australia (500+ private day and overnight hospitals and day facilities, and 750 public hospitals);
- Exclusive access to our HIF Second Opinion service when you take out Silver Plus or Gold Star Hospital Cover and/or Premium Options Extras Cover
- A $70 gift card each time you refer friends or family to HIF (outside the BGC corporate plan)
- Easy-access claiming options, including HIF Member app, online Member Centre, email and mail as well as instant Extras benefits through on-the-spot claiming
- Access to a range of healthy lifestyle benefits, such as gym memberships, weight loss programs, exercise physiology, health assessments, health management programs, quit smoking plans and skin cancer screenings;
- Access to our unique SmartTeeth initiative, which encourages proactive dental care by paying rebates of up to 100% for the dental services most commonly used by HIF members (the initiative is so smart that it’s even been applauded by the Australian Dental Association of WA)
Find out more and get a quote.
We're always here to help and would be happy to discuss your requirements and advise how much you could be saving with us. To get a quote or simply chat to our friendly team, get in touch today on 1300 13 40 60 (obligation free of course!).
Alternatively, you can get an online quote which includes your exclusive discount (use the button at the top of this page) via our interactive product selector.
Switching from another fund? Let us do the paperwork for you.
If you're currently insured by another Australian health fund, we’ll help take the stress out of switching. We'll automatically recognise your previous length of hospital coverage with your current fund, and if you're transferring to an equivalent or lower level of cover, you won't have to re-serve waiting periods either.
To authorise us to arrange the transfer on your behalf, simply check the box during the online application process, and enter the name of your previous health fund and your membership number. Alternatively, if you're joining over the phone, you can instruct your Sales Consultant to complete the authorisation details for you.
Once we have your authorisation, we'll then contact your previous fund and request that they send us what's known as a 'Clearance Certificate'. The certificate provides HIF with all the details we need in order to finalise your new policy with us, including your length of membership with your old fund, any waiting periods that may still be outstanding, plus any Lifetime Health Cover loading that may apply.
Rewards for referrals.
Our Members mean everything to us (after all the more Members we have, the better value we can offer everyone). That’s why we like to encourage our existing Members to spread the word about our health insurance by rewarding every successful referral.
A lot of our new memberships result from word of mouth referrals – happy Members tell their friends about HIF and in turn, they become new happy Members. And because we value member referrals (outside the BGC corporate plan),
we'll send you a $70 eftpos card every time you successfully refer a friend (and there's no limit to how many you can earn!) Check out the Member Rewards page to find out more.