Which HIF Hospital policies includes ART/IVF?
Our premium Hospital Cover option includes ART. You can claim benefits towards your anaesthetist and doctors’ fees when admitted to hospital as an inpatient. You'll also be covered for theatre fees and accommodation in an HIF-contracted private hospital1.
Why choose Gold Top?
- Top hospital cover for total peace of mind
- Private room in an HIF-contracted hospital1
- Choice of hospital excess to reduce your premium
- Includes AccessGap cover to help minimise out-of-pocket expenses
- Your child can remain on your policy until they turn 21 (or up to their 31st birthday if they're studying full time)
- Provides access to HIF Second Opinion - receive a second opinion on any diagnosis, condition or treatment
- View full Hospital Cover comparison table
If you'd like to receive a medical benefit estimate prior to undergoing ART, simply send us the associated Medicare item numbers (available from your specialist) and we'll be happy to help.
What are the waiting periods for ART/IVF?
The waiting period for members who haven’t previously held Hospital cover that includes ART and maternity services is:
- 12 months (pre-existing condition)
- 2 months (not a pre-existing condition)
Want more info?
If you would like to check your eligibility for ART procedures or to find out more about IVF and discuss some options, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Find out more about HIF Hospital Cover.
Use the panels below to learn more about commonly used inpatient services.