Which HIF Hospital policies cover ART/IVF?
Our Gold Star Hospital Cover option includes ART. As ART procedures are carried out in an operating theatre, you can claim benefits towards your anaesthetist and doctors’ fees when admitted to hospital as an inpatient. You'll also be covered for ward fees, theatre fees and accommodation in a private hospital.
Why choose Gold Star?
- Great for couples and families who want premium private Hospital Cover and total peace of mind
- Lets you choose your own doctor and other specialists
- Lets you choose from over 1,300 private hospitals and day facilities across Australia
- Includes AccessGap cover to help minimise out-of-pocket expenses (see below for more info)
- Offers a choice of hospital excess options to reduce the premium
What about once I'm pregnant?
- Includes unlimited private room accommodation for all hospital services including maternity.
- Lets you choose your own obstetrician
- Allows your partner (or a friend or family member) to stay with you in hospital at no extra cost
- Provides peace of mind knowing you'll be covered if bub arrives prematurely (see below for more info)
- Your child can remain on your policy until they turn 21 (or up to 25 if they're studying full time)
- Provides free access to our HIF Second Opinion service via the global Best Doctors network, allowing you to get a second opinion on any diagnosis, condition or treatment from over 50,000 medical experts worldwide.
- View full Hospital Cover comparison table
If you'd like to receive a medical benefit estimate prior to undergoing ART, simply send us the associated Medicare item numbers (available from your specialist) and we'll be happy to help.
What are the waiting periods for ART/IVF?
A 12 month waiting period applies for members who haven't previously held Hospital Cover that includes ART and maternity services.
You can also claim a benefit on IVF drugs if you hold our Super Options or Premium Options Extras Cover. In those instances, a 36 month Extras waiting period will apply for ART/IVF drugs.
Want more info?
If you would like to check your eligibility for ART procedures or to find out more about IVF and discuss some options, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Find out more about HIF Hospital Cover.
Use the panels below to learn more about commonly used inpatient services.