HIF App Terms and Conditions
1. Terms and Conditions of Registration
- Before using this app, you must be registered for HIF Online Member Services.
- Registration for access to HIF Member Services is consequently limited to the primary member on the policy and/or other parties who have been granted authority to act in relation to the policy by the primary member.
- To register for Online Member Services, a valid membership number and full name must be submitted. These details must be validated against the current membership information retained on the HIF membership.
- A valid email address and password must also be submitted for your registration to be approved. If the information provided does not match the current HIF membership for the submitted membership number, your registration will be declined.
2. Terms and Conditions of Usage
- An internet connection (3G, 4G, 5G or Wi-Fi) is required to use the app. Normal data download and internet usage charges will apply, check with your mobile/internet service provider for further details.
- By using this app, you hereby agree not to rely on any of the information contained herein and accept all risks relating to unauthorised copying, amendment, reading of or interference with messages or this website by third parties; delay in or inability to access or use this app due to any hardware, software, system or connection failure, error, omission, interruption or computer virus; and loss of data or information due to any cause whatsoever.
- HIF cannot and does not assume any responsibility or liability for any information you submit through this app. HIF does not warrant or represent that the information you submit to the aforementioned will be protected against loss, misuse or alteration by third parties. In no event shall HIF be liable for any damages suffered, incurred by or caused by you, and all other damages suffered, incurred by or caused by you, direct or indirect, special, incidental, consequential, exemplary or punitive are hereby excluded.
- HIF's liability, if any, for damages (including, without limitation, liability arising out of contract, negligence, strict liability, tort or patent or copyright infringement) shall not exceed the fees paid to HIF by the user for the particular information or service provided.
- The information and blog content presented in this app are not intended as medical advice for individual problems and should not be used or relied upon as a substitute for a consultation or visit with your physician or other health care provider. Should you have any health care related questions, please see your doctor or other health care provider promptly.
- This app is not suitable for seeking medical attention in an emergency. In a medical emergency, please call "000" (triple zero).
3. Claiming Terms and Conditions
- This app can only be used for Extras claims, not hospital or medical claims.
- Provider invoices must be paid in full prior to lodging a mobile claim for Extras services.
- You must retain all original invoices/receipts for two years from the date you lodge the claim.
- The date of service (on your invoice) must be no more than two (2) years prior to the date you lodge a claim.
- Incomplete or illegible photographs of invoices and other accounts will be rejected until an acceptable replacement is provided.
- HIF reserves the right to randomly select claims for auditing purposes.
- HIF reserve the right to insist on the original invoices/receipts for a period of 2 years from the date of submission of a claim.
- Benefits for services or treatment rendered outside of Australia are not payable by HIF.
- When lodging a mobile claim, please ensure the following details are included: (1) Member Number; (2) surname of person claiming, (3) The patient’s first name; (3) Email address; (4) Clear photographs of all itemised accounts relevant to your claim; (5) Clear photographs of all paid receipts relevant to your claim.
Please also note:
- We will retain all documents relating to a claim
- All claims must be lodged within two years of the date of service
- Claims for services older than two years will not be processed